I offer a variety of mosaic workshops, from beginner level to advanced. I work with children and adults. I’ve taught at summer camps, private homes, and art centers, including Seattle Mosaic Arts, The Hoffman Center (Manzanita, OR), Sequoia Gallery and Teaching Studio (Hillsboro, OR), the Sitka Center for Art and Ecology (Lincoln City, OR) and the Arbutus School (in Olympia, WA) and at the Society of American Mosaic Artists Summit (San Diego, CA.) If you are interested in participating in a workshop, keep an eye on this page and “like” my facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/JenniferKuhnsMosaic.
- 8/16-Wycinanki Papercutting workshop at the Sitka Center for Art and Ecology, Lincoln City, OR
8/5 & 6 - Garden Mosaic workshop in Manzanita, OR http://hoffmanblog.org/http:/hoffmanblog.org/create-vibrant-colorful-mosaic-art-for-the-garden
Here are some of the workshops I offer:
- Garden Mosaic: Students create a stepping stone while learning about weatherproof mosaic techniques. (2-3 days)
- Mosaic Pendants: Students create 4 pendants and can purchase supplies to make more. (One day)
- Introduction to Mosaic: Create a small project such as a mosaic mirror or plaque while learning the basics of mosaic. (2 days)
- Glass on Glass Mosaic: Create a transparent mosaic using stained glass on clear glass, allowing light to pass through. Includes intro to scoring/cutting stained glass. (2-4 days)
- Memory Mosaics: This is a cross between scrapbooking and mosaic, putting images under glass and adding found objects, glass and tile to tell the story of a special occasion, accomplishment, trip, pet, person, goal, etc. (2 days)
- Mosaic Mural Intensive: This is an advanced level workshop addressing all elements of mosaic mural fabrication, including substrates, working direct and on mesh, calculating materials, transferring a design to large scale, and creating a work of art that will withstand the elements. The entire group will work on a project together, and the mural will either be installed at the workshop site or donated to a local non-profit. (4-5 days)
- Precision Glass Cutting for Mosaic: This is an intermediate to advanced level workshop for practicing mosaic artists interested in learning to cut complex shapes from stained glass. Students leave the class able to cut concave curves, circles, and alternating curves by hand. (2-3 days)
- Workshops for kids: I have taught mosaic for children from preschool through high school. I’ve worked with youth through the City of Olympia, the Auburn Parks & Rec Dept., 4H summer camp, Girl Scouts, Nova Middle School, and Choice Alternative High School. I have also led two mosaic activities with about 10 families at a local church.